Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is inviting unemployed graduates to apply for their Finance Graduate / Internship Programme 2022.
About the job:
The CSIR has an Internship opportunity in the Finance portfolio. The purpose of the internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience through performing accounting and administrative duties. The position is based in Pretoria.
- Process financial transactions under guidance and supervision to ensure the transactions are recorded accurately, in compliance with policies, processes, guidelines and legislation;
- Perform financial account reconciliations to identify discrepancies or items to be actioned and ensure that all transactions are recorded in the correct accounting period;
- Prepare, obtain and attach supporting documentation for approvals before processing journals for correct allocation and accounting for income and expenses;
- Follow up and resolve queries received from divisions, suppliers or customers, and where required, escalate to supervisor or accountant for action;
- Keep record of financial documents, e.g. journals and invoices, for future reference and audit purposes;
- Follow up on the status of open orders and ensure accuracy for financial reporting and year-end accruals;
- Assist with preparation of financial reports and provide allocation details of deposits received;
- Assist with month-end and year-end processes to enable financial departments to meet deadlines and process all financial transactions before final closure.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A three-year diploma or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Ability to implement basic accounting principles;
- Basic knowledge of VAT principles, Microsoft Office Suite and email;
- Ability to function under pressure and manage stress;
- Good office administrative and record keeping skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Good time management and planning skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Sound work ethic and ability to work in large teams is essential.
Internship Application Closing Date: 05 February 2022
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Internship: Finance (Accounts Payable)
How To Apply For Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Finance Internships Programme
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.