Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply for their Internship Programme 2021 / 2022.
X7 Graduates opportunities exist within the Presidential Infrastructure Coordinating Commission department for Young Graduate Programme at our Sandton Offices and Pretoria. These positions will be based on a 2 year (24 months) fixed-term contract.
Infrastructure South Africa has an exciting 2-year Graduate Development Programme that will equip outstanding young graduates with the skills and experience required to kick-start their careers in all aspects of infrastructure investment planning, delivery, management, measurement and funding and financing. Infrastructure South Africa is the central point of reference for the entire infrastructure value chain, inclusive of strategic infrastructure planning, packaging, investment and implementation across all spheres of government as well as between South Africa and Africa. The Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity to contribute to Infrastructure South Africa’s mandate. It is a 2-year assignment in programmes that form key focus areas within the organisation namely: • ISA Centre of Excellence – which focuses on infrastructure research, forecasting and analysis as well as Ex Post analysis on infrastructure projects
• Infrastructure Investment Planning, Oversight and Strategy- which focuses on the development of the infrastructure vision, objectives and implementation strategy to secure South Africa’s long-term economic and social goals
• Infrastructure Project Pipeline Development & Management – which focuses on the production of a robust and comprehensive pipeline of bankable infrastructure projects
• Infrastructure Investment Funding & Financing – which focuses on innovative funding and financing mechanisms and oversight of the Infrastructure Fund
• Infrastructure Delivery & Optimisation Management- which focuses on planning and development of integrated government precincts in urban and rural areas for public benefit maximisation and revenue maximisation
• Portfolio Management Office- which focuses on the production and analysis of project and portfolio management information and providing recommendations and insight where required and providing a transparent, single version of the truth on performance and progress as well as accountability of all projects submitted through the window of ISA.
• Technical Service Office which focuses on providing hands-on support to project sponsors and owners for the development of infrastructure projects from pre-feasibility to bankability and implementation.
• External Relations Programme that focuses on building and managing relationships with key stakeholders to support the implementation of Infrastructure South Africa’s mandate through effective intergovernmental relations, international engagements, social facilitation programmes and industry partnerships.
Bachelor degree/Diploma (NQF7) in Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Law, Social Science, International Relations, Development Finance, Accounting, Psychology, Engineering and other built environment professions
No more than two years of relevant work experience acquired after completion of your degree
Under the age of 35 years at the time of applying for these position
Internship Application Closing Date: 12 November 2021
Internship Location: Sandton and Pretoria