International Treatment Preparedness Coalition (ITPC) is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply for their ongoing Accounting and Administrative Internship Programme 2022.
The main function of the Accounting and Administrative Intern is to assist ITPC Corporate Support Service Team with various generalist accounting, finance, and administrative responsibilities. The Intern will gain exposure to the day-to-day processes which will include Accounts Payable, Procurement and Contracting, Cashbook reconciliations, Grants Administration, and other departmental administration processes.
This internship is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Intern will be able to work remotely after induction.This internship is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The Intern will be able to work remotely after induction.
- Assist in receiving invoice’s and upload them onto Sales Force and tag officers for reviewing and approving during the payment process
- Performing first checks to ensure invoices are ready for payment processing
- Capturing of transactions on accounting system
- Assist in ensuring cash claim expenditure/payments is accurately and timeously captured
- Assist in the preparation of processing payments onto the banking system
- Assist in performing account and advance reconciliations
- Assist in processing entries on the bank accounts on the accounting system e.g., payment runs, bank charges and interest
- Assist with preparation of bank reconciliations
- Upload bank statements for all bank accounts onto Drobox
- Assist in accurately and timeously capturing credit card expenditure/payments across the business, as required
- Participate in the new vendor creation process
- Collate completed supplier forms with supporting documentation as required.
- Assist with grants administrative work.
- Assist in reviewing Sub-grantees quarterly financial reports.
- Assist with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records on drop box and Sales Force
- Assist in various system related projects, including but not limited to performing testing and documentation.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a bachelor’s in: ‘
- Financial Management,
- Non-Profit Organisation Management,
- Public Management,
- International Development,
- or any related fields.
- No more than 1 year’s applicable experience, including in-service training, if applicable.
Skills and Competencies:
- An understanding of basic accounting, finance, and administration
- An understanding of preparation of bank and creditors reconciliations
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers
- Excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills
- An understanding and working experience with an accounting package and other apps like Sales Force, Slack would be an advantage
- Handle sensitive information with honesty and integrity
- High attention to detail and delivery-orientated
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage time, prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines
- Able to solve problems logically
- Willingness to take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible
- Good people skills and able to work in a team
- Able and willing to learn
Internship Application Closing Date: 28 February 2022
Internship Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
How To Apply For ITPC Accounting and Administrative Internships Programme
To apply send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: “ITPC Finance and Administrative Application: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”
NB. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Persons living with HIV and/or HCV and who are from key affected populations are strongly encouraged to apply.