Mossel Bay Municipality is inviting all applicants from South African unemployed graduates to apply for their ongoing Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: CIVIL ENGINEERING
Mossel Bay Municipality is offering opportunities to unemployed South African graduates from
Higher Education institutions who have completed a three- (3) year Degree or National Diploma
(NQF Level 6 or above), and who are seeking work experience related to the field of study that
they have completed.
(Application form and relevant proof / documentation must accompany application. No late submissions
will be accepted)
• National Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering (must be in possession of complete
qualification at date of application)
• Grade 12 with Mathematics as a subject
• Must be in possession of a valid Code B driver’s license
• Fluent in at least two (2) of the official languages of the Western Cape
• Computer literate (MS Office applications)
• Must be willing to work with labour intensive construction workers/teams (LIC/EPWP)
• Must be willing to work on-site on civil construction sites, in all weather conditions
• Perform construction monitoring, supervision, data gathering and verification
• Coordinate work priorities, workers and teams
• Applicants must have met the academic requirements for the advertised field of
study/discipline and should not previously have been employed as an Intern in the Public
• Preference will be given to applicants submitting proof of own transportation (motor
vehicle / motorbike) and willingness to use his/her own transport for site visits (Intern will
be reimbursed for kilometres travelled for official purposes).
Internship Location: Mossel Bay, Western Cape
Internship Closing Date: 14 June 2022
Stipend: R7 531.43 per month
How To Apply For Mossel Bay Municipality Civil Engineering Internships Programme
Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Senior Manager Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500. Alternatively, electronic applications accompanied by the official application form and a comprehensive CV may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant.
Shortlisted candidates may be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and/or practical test, including a driving skills test.
– Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the municipality to, and accepted by, the applicant.
– Application forms are available on the Municipal website (www.mosselbay.gov.za) or electronically available from the contact persons mentioned hereunder.
– Original certified copies of proof of qualifications and other required documentation must accompany the CV and application form.
– Shortlisted candidates who applied electronically must provide the original certified copies of qualifications and other required documentation on or before the date of the practical test.
– For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status on the application form.
– Further details are obtainable from Ms N de Wet or Ms J Ruiters at telephone number (044) – 6065000.
– If applicants are not contacted within 40 days of the closing date, it can be accepted that they were not successful.
– The Mossel Bay Municipality is committed to comply to the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled person.