National Library of South Africa (NLSA) is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply for the ongoing 103 x Librarians Traineeship Programme 2021.
National Library of South Africa (NLSA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment on a six-month contract basis. Priority will be given to youth (aged 18 to 35) in response to Government’s objective of youth employment and empowerment. The successful individuals will be based at our Pretoria and Cape Town Campuses.
- Preservation and conservation services
- Bibliographic services and collections management
- Follow detailed instructions
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Be willing to rotate in similar roles as requested
- Work rotational shifts, including weekends, when required to do so
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science;
- Bachelor Degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Library Science/Information Studies;
- BTech in Library Science/Information Studies.
- An Honours/Master’s Degree and/or LIASA membership will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills and outstanding work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
Internship Application Closing Date : 27 May 2021
Internship Location: Pretoria and Cape Town, South Africa
How To Apply For National Library of South Africa (NLSA) Librarians Traineeships 2021
Interested applicants must submit a completed application form accompanied by a covering letter; Curriculum Vitae; Matric/Grade12 certificate; certified copies of qualifications and academic transcripts, not older than six months; and a copy of certified Identity Document by e-mail according to the preferred location as follows:
Cape Town: email@example.com
NB. Should you not receive any correspondence / communication from the National Library of South Africa one month after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful
NB. This advertisement replaces the previous advert for this position. Applicants who have submitted their applications in response to the previous advertisement need not reapply.