OFM Journalist Internship Programme 2018
OFM Journalist Internship Programme 2018, OFM is a commercial radio station broadcasting to the Free State, Northern Cape, North West and Southern Gauteng.
The programme offers recently graduated, aspiring journalists an opportunity to acquire journalistic skills within a fully convergent newsroom and multimedia environment of radio and digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be expected to work at OFM newsroom on a full time basis for a 12-month period.
At the end of the internship the candidate should be able to successfully complete the following:
Sourcing strong story ideas, doing interviews, writing a radio news story/bulletin, re-angling stories, adding value to stories (soundbites, photos, videos etc.) handling press releases, doing follow-ups where necessary, building an extensive contact network and be active on all social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Have a passion for journalism and a sound general knowledge of news and current affairs
- Have exceptional communication and writing skills in English and Afrikaans
- Be able to work under pressure and keep to tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of a camera and voice recorders
- Have computer and internet literacy
- Basic journalistic skills in news identification, news gathering and news presentations
- Be able to work closely with a diverse news team
Remuneration: Basic salary
Education level: Degree
Job level: Student
Own transport required: Yes
Thando Mohlamme: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not receive a response from us within three weeks of your application, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.