Omnia Chemical Engineering Internship 2018 / 2019 in Sasolburg
Omnia Fertilizer is offering opportunities for Graduate Development within the Engineering discipline in Sasolburg, Free State. The duration of this internships is 12 months. Succesfull candidates will receive a monthly stipend during their placement.
Internship Application Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Internship Provider : Omnia Fertilizer
Internship Location : Sasolburg, Free State
Field of Studies :
- Minimum BSc/BEng (Chemical Engineering) degree
- No previous experience required but any relevant previous work experience will be an advantage.
- Must not currently be enrolled in a graduate development programme.
- Academic Performance will be taken into consideration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process/Chemical/Process Safety Engineering related work.
- Completion of assigned deadline driven tasks under the guidance of a mentor. All tasks assigned are for the trainees own learning.
- Perform regular analytical analysis of plant performance and suggest room for improvement on the process and operations.
- Scope and manage projects to implementation.
- Manage project budget.
- Coach and guide operators to operational excellence.
- Help support the continuous improvement initiatives with focused improvement for the factory.
Skills & competencies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- High energy levels.
- The ability to work independently under pressure.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving ability.
- Eager to learn.
- Out of the box thinker.
Omnia’s Agriculture division, the market leader in southern Africa, comprises Omnia Fertilizer and Omnia Specialities. The division produces granular, liquid and speciality fertilizers for a broad customer base of farmers, co-operatives and wholesalers throughout southern and East Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil.
The division is expanding its influence in Europe, South America and Asia, where it is increasing its sales of speciality products. The Omnia Agriculture division’s range of specialised products and services are encompassed by its unique Nutriology® offering, which assists customers to optimise crop yield and quality.
How to apply
Click the link below in order to apply for the engineering internship programme. All documents must be submitted before the closing date of application.