SANParks is inviting all interested applicants to apply for the ongoing GIS Technician Graduate / Internship Programme.
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position. The position is for a GIS Technician Intern that will be stationed in the Cape Town Office.
- Technical support (data management and analysis) for donor-funded projects
- Maps and statistics in support of the GEF project
- Assist the conservation planner with managing and curating the spatial data for the GEF
- Provide mapping and conservation planning in support of various projects, including technical support for the establishment of the Grasslands NP
- Support the GIS data curation, planning and prioritisation processes for the new Grassland NP.
- Bachelors honours degree in Environmental Science, Ecology or Biological Sciences with some GIS software experience.
- Communication and Impact
- Handling Pressure
- Planning & Organising
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Organisational skills
- Administrative Skills
Internship Application closing date: 23 July 2021.
Internship Location: Cape Town
How To Apply For SANParks GIS Technician Internships Programme
Please address your application letter, accompanied by a CV and copy of your highest school or tertiary qualification, along with a certified ID copy via email to: Sandiso.email@example.com
Applications that have not been responded to within 14 days should be regarded as unsuccessful. SANParks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment.