Sappi (Ngodwana Mill) invites applicants to apply for Mechanical Engineering Graduate / Internship Programme 2021.
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Graduate in Training to complete a two-year comprehensive training programme that contributes the knowledge and practical requirements to become a proficient maintenance or project engineer in a mill
This role reports into the Maintenance Manager – Mechanical
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Practical work as per Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) standards:
- Advise on and design machinery and tools for manufacturing and other industrial use.
- Advise on and design steam, internal combustion and other non-electric motors and engines used for driving industrial machinery.
- Advise on and design mechanical plant and equipment for the release, control and utilisation of energy, heating, ventilation and refrigeration systems, pumps, pipe work, valves and other associated mechanical equipment.
- Advise on and design non-electrical parts of apparatus and precision instruments.
- Establish control standards and procedures to ensure efficient functioning and safety of machines, machinery, tools, motors, engines, industrial plant, equipment and systems.
- Ensure that equipment operation and maintenance comply with design specifications and safety standards.
- Investigate and find solutions for operational problem related to machinery, tools and plant equipment.
- Contribute to the design of new equipment specifications or use for example fluid systems, complex machines, energy systems involving heat transfer, pressure systems or HVAC systems.
- Rotate through the mill and provide operational support to engineers in each section:
- Participate in plant forums, multi-disciplinary team meetings and engineering meetings to learn how the plant operates and to contribute professional advice.
- Investigate failure or underperformance of equipment in the plant and recommend solutions to avoid recurrence.
- Assess existing plant design against design specifications, health and safety requirements, ease of fabrication and assembly standards, constructability, maintainability, environmental requirements, ergonomic considerations, life cycle costs and alternative solutions.
- Assist during plant shuts and machine start-ups.
- Assist engineers with project management activities including project scoping, prefeasibility, business case development (capital expense, operating cost and total cost of ownership), resourcing, scheduling, and implementation.
The ideal candidate should have:
- BSc, B Tech. Eng. or B Eng. (Mechanical Engineering)
- Computer literate
- No prior work experience required
Internship Application Closing Date : 05 May 2021
Internship Location: Ngodwana Mill, Nelspruit
How To Apply For Sappi (Ngodwana Mill) Mechanical Engineering Internships 2021
Other Companies Offering LearnershipsABSA Learnerships
Alexander Forbes Learnerships
Anglo American Learnerships
Astral Foods Learnerships
BHP Billiton Learnerships
BMW Learnership Programme
Bytes Technology Learnerships
Bidvest Bank Learnerships
Browns Academy Learnership
Chieta Learnership Clicks Group Learnership
Coca Cola Learnership
Correctional Services Learnership
Columbus Stainless Learnerships
De Beers Learnerships
Department of Education Learnership Programme
Department of Home Affairs Learnership
Department of Health Learnership Programme
Department Of Labour Learnership
Department of Public Works Learnerships
Social Development Learnerships
Department of Agriculture Learnerships
DHL Learnership and Chain Graduate Programme
Discovery Learnerships Under INSETA
Edcon Learnership for The Final Year Students
Engen Learnerships: Guide to Apply
Eskom Learnerships Application
Ekurhuleni Metro Police Learnership Programme
Ernst and Young Learnership Programme
Exxaro Learnerships as the Milestone for Young Generations
Fasset Learnerships for Young South African
FNB Learnership Programme
Gijima Learnerships for ICT Students
Glencore Learnership Programme
Gold Fields Learnerships: Gold Opportunity
IBM Learnerships in Sales, Technology and Consulting
Implats Learnerships by Impala Platinum Mining Industry
KELLY Learnership Programme at BANKSETA
Kuyasa Learnership Programme
Lancet Learnership Programme
Letsema Learnership Programme in the Banking and Microfinance Sector
Liberty Learnership Programme in Many Fields
Lonmin Learnerships in South Africa
MediClinic Learnership Programme
Merseta Learnership Programme
Microsoft Learnership Programme
Mondi Learnerships of Engineering in Training Programme
MQA Learnership Programme
MTN Learnership Programme
Multichoice Learnership Programme
Murray and Roberts Learnership
Nampak Learnership Programme
Netcare Learnership Programme
National Treasury Learnership Programme
Nedbank Learnership Programme
NYDA Learnership Programme
Rand Water Learnership Programme
SAB Learnership Programme
SABC Learnership Programme
Samancor Learnership Programme
Sandvik Learnerships Programme
Sappi Learnership Programme
Sapref Learnership for Applicants of South Africa
South African Police Service SAPS Learnership
SAQA Learnership Programme
SARS Learnership Programme
Sasol Learnership Programme
SASSA Learnership Programme
SETA Learnership Programme
Standard Bank Learnership Programme
Transnet Learnerships for Youth South Africans
Telkom Learnership Programme
Toyota Learnership Programme
Unilever Learnership or Internship and Graduate Programme
UTi Learnership Programme
Vodacom Learnerships or Training Programmes
VW Learnership Graduate Programmes