University of Pretoria Veterinary Science Internships 2019 in Gauteng
University of Pretoria Veterinary Science Internships 2019 in Gauteng, The University of Pretoria invites applications to apply for x2 Internships Programme in the faculty of Veterinary Science for 2019 in Pretoria.
The duration of this Internship Preogramme is 12 months. Successful candidates will receive a stipend of R 252 000 per annum as determined by UP policy guidelines. The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise;
- Valid working visa (where relevant);
- Adequate subject knowledge of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery.
The Faculty of Veterinary Science has wonderful opportunities for Junior Veterinarians who wants to gain more experience in a Small Animal Clinic and learn from the best specialists!
The Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital has the following vacancies for Interns for 2019:
- Small Animal Clinic.
- Clinical service in several sections of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital, including a 24-hour and week-end service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/practical training (including basic surgical skills) of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/academic duties as delegated by the line manager;
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet);
- After-hours availability.
Internship Application Closing Date: 31 October 2018
Internship Provider: University of Pretoria
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: [email protected]
In applying for this post, please attach:
- Letter indicating the post/s interested in;
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
ENQUIRIES: Dr Vanessa McClure (Small Animal), Tel: (012) 529 8196.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.