Western Cape Transport and Public Works is inviting all unemployed youth to apply for the ongoing Traffic Learnership Programme 2021 / 2022.
Western Cape Transport and Public Works Traffic Learnerships Minimum Requirements
- A Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Valid motor vehicle license (manual) code B (learners licenses will not be accepted;
- Applicant must be physically fit, pregnant persons will not be considered as physical tasks during recruitment and subsequent training may pose a threat to the unborn child and/or mother;
- Visible tattoos and body piercings (except females with one piercing in each ear) will disqualify an applicant as this will not compliment uniformity in a uniform wearing environment;
- No criminal record;
- Candidates must qualify for appointment as an Authorized Officer and for the appointment as Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
- Well versed with the home language of the majority of residents in a specific area where the successful incumbents will be appointed;
- Candidates reserved for shortlisting will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS and will be required to undergo the following tests: interview, knowledge test, fitness, driving test and a medical test as proof that the reserved candidates may do strenuous exercise;
- Applicants must be resident in the immediate vicinity of their selected traffic centres, if appointed afterwards.
- Applicants 35 years and older do not qualify as this is a National requirement.
Learnership Application Closing Date: 08 October 2021
Learnership Location: Worcester, Laingsburg, Beaufort West, Brackenfell, Somerset West, George, Mossel Bay, Knysna, Vredenburg and Vredendal
Ref No. TPW 86/2021