Social relief of distress is a temporary provision of assistance intended for persons in such a dire material need that they are unable to meet their families’ most basic needs.
Alot of people are searching for the Sassa Application Form in order to apply for the relief grant. Unfortunately, there is no paper application allowed this time. This is to allow the department to process your application faster.
The good news is even though Sassa Application Form in hard copy is not allowed, the department has made available a lot more channels of application that will enable everyone to apply and get his or her applications processed as quickly as possible.
SRD SASSA R350 Grant Important Info
Sassa Application Form: How to apply for SASSA
Follow any of the methods below in order to apply for the Sassa r350 grant.
WhatsApp: 0600 123 456 and select SASSA. You can send a WhatsApp message to the number provided and apply for the grant.
USSD: *134*7737# – Using your phone, you can just dial the shortcode provided and follow the instruction that will appear in order to apply for the grant.
E-mail: SRD@sassa.gov.za(link sends e-mail) You can also apply just by sending an email to the email address of the department as provided.
Call centre IVR: 0800 60 10 11 – Applicants can also apply by calling the department phone number.
Website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za – Online application on the department website is also accepted.
Important Point to Note
- No paper based applications will be accepted.
- Payment will be effected through a channel of your choice.
- Citizens without bank accounts can also apply. In this case payment will be effected through a money transfer, once all the necessary validations have been completed.
- Once applications are approved, SASSA will request confirmation of bank account through a secure site – this will also be done electronically.
- Any applicant has the right to request confirmation that this request is from SASSA to protect themselves.
- APPLICATIONS ARE FREE: There is no charge to apply – applicants are cautioned not to buy “application forms” – these are not genuine and will not be processed.
- Applicants are cautioned not to provide their banking details to anyone.
- SASSA will only request banking information once the application has been approved.
- All beneficiaries and applicants should never give their PIN number or the CVV number on the back of the banking card to anyone – not even SASSA.